Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

By: Rae Volinsky

As March 12 quickly approaches, I have noticed more and more TV spots for She's Out of My League. At first, I figured it was just another Judd Apatow movie, such as Knocked Up. After learning that it wasn't, I realized that She's Out of My League and classic Apatow movies have something very big in common: they are chick flicks for guys.

She's Out of My League is being promoted as a romantic comedy and a date movie. Sounds like a chick flick, right? Wrong! Even though some of the trailers and TV spots have been focused more on women, others are focused directly towards men. Check out the difference between these two TV spots. The first is sweet and romantic. The second has less romance and more jokes, and includes more nudity.

The trailer for She's Out of My League combines the characteristics of promoting for each sex. On one hand, the trailer shows a classic chick flick movie. Guy meets girl, guy loves girl, guy meets girl's ex, guy gets girl. And it still shows those sweet, romantic clips. On the other hand, the movie has a lot of "guy" humor and adult jokes. Check out both trailers here: the original and Red Band.

Whether you are a guy or a girl, on a date or single, She's Out of My League looks like a great movie for everyone.


2 comments:

I like the analysis of this movie being promoted as a "chick flick" for guys. It's not something you see very often.

My only suggestions for this and others posts would be to maybe include some photos of the films with each post.

February 27, 2010 at 12:39 PM  

We do not have photos of the films on each blog post because we wanted to keep all the posts consistent. Instead, we have all of the movie posters on the top of our blog.

March 1, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home