Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

Green Zone means go

By: Marc Ashed

The director of the Bourne Identity and Matt Damon team up again in this action packed “Bourne Clone” film. See the trailer here.

The movie takes place in the Green Zone, the international safety zone in Iraq. Matt Damon stars as a soldier who catches onto faulty intelligence and investigates who sends it out and why it is sent out. He makes it his personal mission to find out who is responsible for the negligent information and take them out to save the lives of soldiers.

The film has been heavily advertised for the last month and it is anticipated to do very well in the box office. Buzz for the movie started back in October 2009. The films official site is designed like an interactive map of the Green Zone which you can navigate to see trailers, cast, synopsis and multimedia such as pictures or videos.

The movie is similar to the Bourne series, because the director and lead actor are the same but it is in a much more current and relevant twist. There are many war thrillers but not many avoid political bias while being entertaining, the Green Zone looks to fill that spot.

2 comments:

Maybe it's just me, but the only promotion I've seen for this film is TV commercials. Do you know what other promotion was done for the film? I know it didn't do very well at the box office... do you think if it had received more publicity it would have done better?

March 29, 2010 at 7:04 PM  

I saw this movie and liked it a lot. Though I admit, it was a familiar role for Matt Damon. As far as publicity goes, I believe the film was well advertised. I heard about the movie months ago and since then, was always interested by the commercials and coverage I've read and seen in the media. I am a big movie fanatic so I keep up with a lot of movies. I did not necessarily keep up with this movie, but when i would search for other movies, this movie kept popping up in the corner of my screen. I believe the movie was promoted very well. Unfortunately, to my knowledge the movie did not do so well in the Box Office.

April 15, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home